Friday, March 5, 2010

Just Another Day at the Photography Studio

You know those pregnancy shots...

The woman, nine months pregnant - full to bursting with fertility, exposes a portion of her gloriously ripe belly and glances down adoringly at the beauty that is her tumescent self. While her husband stands behind her, gently cradling the preciousness of his beloved and their soon-to-be offspring.

...Just what you were picturing, right?

I came across this photo on a friend's blog, Apparently her friend found it on a website of Awkward Family Photos. I've been sitting here...for the past, oh, twenty-ish minutes just laughing. Fairly hysterically, yes. Snickering and snorting and barfing just the teeniest bit in my mouth. I mean...really.

The funniest part of this picture is that this is just a "normal couple", with their normal hairdos and normal non-Hollywood, non-hot bodies, taking what they apparently assume is a normal pregnancy shot. Art, that's what it is. Complex and emotionally-moving. To be hung in all its glory in the family dining room. Wow, can you even imagine that awkward moment for their future kid - bringing his or her friends over, only to have them notice, duuuuuude, your parents are, um, like, nekkid! And that's YOU in there! Or, hey, let's not even fast-forward to that mortifying moment down the road. What about now, when the family gathers 'round the table for Thanksgiving? What's the protocol for that scarring situation? Do you just munch away on your turkey leg, casually disregarding Aunt Debbie's almost-covered breasts and Uncle Jimmy's not-at-all covered whoopie cake on the wall before you?

There are no words.

Well, except...sorry, Mom. This is way worse than that post I wrote about "that flower", I know. Parents, grandparents, decent friends of mine, I apologize. I'll try really hard not to post anything like this ever again, I really will. But I consulted with Russ, the uber conservative, straight-laced Head of our Household, and he informed me that I "had to" put this out there for you guys to see. ...And then he triple dog dared me and, I mean, what could I possibly do after that?

16 comments:

Josh and Margo said...

I hope I don't get fired for viewing this at work.

Anonymous said...

You know. Your dad and I knew a couple in residency who did this sort of thing. Only it was the wife who allowed the compromising. He took the pictures of her "nekkid" chest (face included!) and hung them in their family room!!! So, when the dear little resident wives went over for a "social," we had the hardest time trying to find a place for our eyes to light! It was horrendously embarrassing. Love, Mooms

Kritter Krit said...

Mooms!!!!!

Okay, picturing YOU in that scenario just about killed me. Where's the albuterol? I'm wheezing again.

Russ said...

I feel sorry for the photographer. There isn't enough soap in the world to wash that photo session away.

Also, which of these two had to be convinced that this was a good idea? Surely, one of them had doubts about it. I would have loved to have heard that conversation.

Anonymous said...

What a HOOT! Can you believe people sometimes? They must have mistaken themselves for Brangelina!

Julie

Brett said...

VOMIT.

What the heck are they looking at on the ground? My guess is . . . their self-respect, but that's just me.

jakeandjoanna said...

It is so not nice to make this pregnant girl laugh that hard. (Bladder control is not so great these days.) And in case you were wondering, Jake and I will not, I repeat, WILL NOT be having any such photos taken.

Kristen said...

LMAO! I seriously had tears! Welcome back my bloggy friend - great to have you back! BTW I might have to repost the awkward family photo site :)

Kritter Krit said...

Kristen,

You would also love peopleofwalmart.com - I have laughed to the point of nausea!

Happy belated birthday, by the way, buddy! I thought of you, but failed to get to the computer to send you a message. Glad to hear you had such a fun day with Chris. Love you!

Anonymous said...

You just made my week complete!!! That is awesome!

Tim

Kristie said...

This is hillarious, I had to hurry and close earlier before Preston saw it. Seriously, who would do that. I also laughed at loud at Mooms story, I dont think I could keep from laughing like a little school girl if I went to someones house and saw those type of pictures.

Courtney said...

I literally just found this site YESTERDAY! I was in a room, by myself, laughing out loud hysterically. Sometimes the text they added under the pictures made me laugh more than the pictures themselves. Except for the girl sitting on the horse...oh my. That one needed nothing extra.

Jamie said...

I am glad you are back posting regularly. That website is hilarious. OOOOOHHHH MYYYYYYY!

Kritter Krit said...

Courtney,

I totally agree! Sometimes the caption under the picture is even more snort-worthy than the picture! Russell and I were in HYSTERICS. Just hahahahahaHEEEEEEE! Then we came to the horse woman and it was like we'd run into a brick wall at full throttle. We didn't know whether to laugh, gasp, cry, point...gouge out our eyes. Did you see the old couple with the cats? Oh.my.heck! Thank goodness those cats were obese. :-O

Not quite the Bradys said...

I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

Russ- LMAO

heather said...

We knew someone in residency with this photo too!!! They didn't have it hung in their family room but they DID have it hung in their two little boys bathroom/guest bathroom.

Related Posts with Thumbnails