Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Come out, come out, wherever you arrrrrrrre!

So I think I'm going to start blogging again. Only, for real this time. Not what I've been doing for the past year or so (or since, ahem, discovering Facebook). I know I've been cruel - tossing out a few random pictures as a pacifier for my faithful followers and then dropping off the planet for another two...three...six-ish months. Russell called me a tease the other day. And I don't think he meant it in a fun "Ooo, baby!" sort of way.

Nope. I'm coming back. To real-deal writing. Chronicling the craziness that is life with Sophie. Writing every day...or at least regularly - as in several times a week. (Heck, I can't even promise to shower every day.) I'm even thinking about giving the blog a MAJOR make-over. Or, well, hiring someone gifted in such endeavors to do so. Step back! I know! Kritter Krit's gone CRAZY!

Here's the problem. If I hire someone to re-do the design elements of the blog, if I'm going to take on a fairly major change such as that (gulp), I need to address one little issue in keeping with such a change.

"Life on the Reflux Rollercoaster."

Reflux: it used to be ALL my life was about. For four years, I was queen of all things regurgitationally-inclined. Now reflux has very little, if anything, to do with my life. PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! (Well, unless you count me and Russ. After four years on the rollercoaster, now we're the ones taking the Prevacid. Not Formerly-Acidic Sophie. No, siree.) I now have a five year-old who eats, and who keeps it down! It is a mighty splendid thing, indeed. A miracle, really, for those of you who may not be familiar with Sophie's story.

While life with Sophs is no longer about vomit, life with our little curly-headed darlin' is still a wild ride. And I feel like I need a blog title that reflects such. (Plus, I feel a little bit like a sham when new people come to the blog looking for reflux tips...only to read about my child's "accidental" sharpening of her pointy finger with the pencil sharpener.) Or maybe I need a blog title that has nothing to do with anything, in the grand scheme of things, but that's just interesting enough to invite people in. ...I was going to say "lure", but that really doesn't sound like something you want to do out there on the internets, now does it? Hellloooo, Crazies!

You guys have any thoughts? Seriously, change is not my special gift. I keep furniture arranged in the exact same position for year...okay, for forever. Change is NOT my friend. But I'm feeling kind of bold right now. So this is when you guys need to swoop in and keep me headed toward the bright and shiny new light. If you come up with something, and I go with your brilliance, I'll give you some mad props when I unveil the fancy-schmancy new blog design. Shucks, I might even throw in a prize. You guys up for it? Want to make this interesting? ...Or at least interesting enough to serve as a diversion from the mountainous pile of laundry awaiting me?

Bring it, 'o creative friends of mine! ;-)

P.S. And, yes, I do realize that Sophie will seize the EXACT moment that I change the blog title to something non-refluxy to rediscover her little pukey self. I know. I specialize in irony. I'm fully prepared to drag the buckets and syringes back out.

18 comments:

Russ said...

I don't have a name, but I think you should just start a new blog (new address, new name, new you...Well, maybe not a new you because the new you might try to find a new Russ). That way, you will have these archives for those that are looking for "how do I get the puke smell out of my carpet."

[For those that don't know, the puke smell search string has brought dozens if not hundreds of visitors to Kristy's blog.]

alicia said...

i'm glad you're back. you're writing always made me laugh and adds to my day. thank you!

how about:

Seriously, Sophie?!

alicia said...

i meant to write "your writing..."

i can write, i swear!

Jamie said...

This is great news! I like alicia's title.

Chris Ann said...

Kristy, I was so excited to read this! I was just telling Annie yesterday that your lack of blogging post Facebook discovery has been a sad time!! Maybe you could have two tabs on the blog - one for puke related things and one for new writing - kind of like the Pioneer Woman tabs Confessions, Cooking, Photography, and whatever else she does. In fact, you could just BE the next Pioneer Woman...minus the pioneer!

All that to say, I'm SO excited you're back to blogging!!

alicia said...

i got it!

Sophie's Voice

i just read your latest and the things this child does are a riot!

i hope it all turns out well at the doc's.

Kritter Krit said...

Alicia, you might be onto something. I do say, "Seriously, Sophie?!" about a hundred times a day. Hmmmm... :-)

Anonymous said...

I love, "Seriously, Sophie?!"
It just has a ring about it.
I would say, "Welcome Back", but I'm a little leery of getting hurt!!!!
Love ya,
Aunt Becky

Josh and Margo said...

I don't think you should change it completely. I like the original title. Maybe use a little of the old title. Like "Life on the Sophie Rollercoaster", or "Life on the Wild Child Rollercoaster", "Life on the Curly Headed Roller Coaster". That's my two cents.

Kritter Krit said...

"Life on the Sophie-coaster"? :-)

I know what you mean, though. I don't want to let go of the rollercoaster either. Just the reflux.

Russ said...

I am voting for "Seriously, Sophie?!" I have heard that thousands of times.

Kritter Krit said...

So what happens if we end up getting to adopt again? ...Do I change the blog title a third time? That's why I wondering if I need a title that has more to do with me...or all of us, not just Sophs. Even though, granted, I realize she is the star of the show!

Anonymous said...

You know, daughter, you really are a "funny" mixture of your parents. You've definitely got your dad's sense of humor: you get jokes; people laugh with you when you've told a joke; you exaggerate! Then, theirs my "sense of humor." I don't get jokes; people laugh at me when I'm doing NOTHING funny, and I don't exaggerate (after all, is it totally the truth when you're exaggerating?!!) Yep, you're a swirl, as you say, and it makes for some great blogging. I'm so glad you're back. Love, Mooms

Anonymous said...

New name?
How about "THE LAST PIECE OF MY MIND"
love, faf

Kritter Krit said...

Hee! I like it, Faf!

Or how about, "Sanity is Overrated." :-)

Anonymous said...

Cheech, I like the direction you and Faf are going with the blog name. His is a great reversal idea of the Peace of Mind thing. Yours comes more to the point. I vote for one of these. Love, Mooms

Not quite the Bradys said...

Russ- I have linked to that puke in the carpet post more than once. Single most useful blog info I have EVER read.

Kristy-
First: YAYYYYYYY! You're back!!! :)

Second: Possible blog titles taken from your greatest hits/giggleworthy moments-

"Mandatory House Arrest?"
"Unphased By My Fuddy-Duddy Attitude"
"Pie-In-The-Sky"
"EEGADS!"*
"SERIOUSLY?"
"Parade of the Kooked-Out"
"Life of a Hall Monitor"*
"Rule-of-Thumb"
"Really a Whopper One"*

*These are my three favorites

There were also several really good ones in the Sleeptalking post (which will forever be one of my favorites), but they are less about Sophie than the rest of the blog. I hope you like one of these ideas and you give me a teensy bit of credit for plaigerizing you. :)

For what it's worth, I don't think you should put her name in the title. Just in case sometime God sends another bundle of fun to you guys, then you'll just have to rename again.

Glad you're back.
~NotQuitetheBradys

superstar dkw said...

If I weren't so darn busy right now, I'd work on a design!

Related Posts with Thumbnails