Monday, June 1, 2009

You Just Never Quite Know What's Gonna Come Out Of That Mouth, Do You?

Early this morning I was sitting at the computer, feeding my Facebook addiction (also known as avoiding-doing-the-mountainous-pile-of-laundry-that's taking-over-the-laundry-room). Sophie was sitting beside me "writing". She looked up from her doodles and said, "Guess what this says, Mama!"

I guessed (wrong) and she started pointing at the various lines...

"This one says, 'I love you.'..."

"And this one says, 'I think you're nice and your freckles are precious'..."

There was a significant pause and a semi-sheepish look as she pointed at the last line.

"And, um, this one says, 'You kind of need to brush your teeth.'"

Now she's painting.

I can't wait to hear what it "says". Probably something about how I need to take a shower and fix my bird's nest hair'do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

she is so cute!

this little girl reminds me of yours:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBM854BTGL0&feature=channel_page

Kritter Krit said...

That's funny! Several people have told us that Sophie reminds them of the little girl in that video.

They do have a similar look, and they DEFINITELY have a similar personality. =)

Not quite the Bradys said...

"and your freckles are precious..."- ha! that is so funny! : )

Hey and about the whole 110% dropping down to significantly less and your rant about it: no one thinks any less of you for that. Hearts are bleedin' all over the place for you guys right now. I hope she gets her head on straight. And if not, in the words of that dumb book "Eat, Pray, Love" (which I didn't really care for BTW but this is a good quote I think-), "God never slams a door in your face without opening up a box of girl scout cookies." : ) God's plan is perfect even when it feels like a slam. The cookies will come.

Related Posts with Thumbnails