Tuesday, April 7, 2009

AI Top 8: Tonight I Will Be Playing The Part Of A Two Year-Old Throwing A Tantrum

(Cue the kicking and screaming and gnashing of teeth...)

The love affair with my DVR is over. It failed me. Big time. And I'm a one-strike-and-you're-out kind of girl.

Prior to Weird Adam's performance, it cut off! At first I thought I was playing a joke on myself, in keeping with my oh so (not)fabulous day. Ryan said, "After the break...Adam Lam", and poof, that was it. Nothingness. And no amount of jiggling the remote or aiming it at the TV in a stabbing motion seemed to help. ...The nerve.

Whether he's icking me out or blowing me away with his awesomeness, the guy is THE REASON I watch the show.

I mean, I suffered through Scott's screamy version of Survivor's "The Search Is Over" - a most-treasured song I sang over and over to my pillowcase in the eighth grade, practicing what I'd do when Brian dreamily looked into my eyes and told me those exact words: "The search is over, Kristy. You were with me all the while. ...How could I not have noticed you in your band uniform, with your poof bangs to the heavens and your radiant blue eye-shadow?" (Oh, wait. Was that not how it went?) I sat through THAT, patiently waiting, knowing Mr. Ring Of Fire would hit me with something memorable that would turn Scott into a mere speedbump in the night.

Alas, it was not to be. (Sigh.)

Can anybody fill me in? I heard something about a Standing O from Simon. Details, please!

*******

UPDATED TO ADD: Apparently the show went way long. If you weren't watching it live, you were out of luck, it seems. I did finally manage to find a still video on YouTube. The others out there seem to be getting yanked for being in violation of YouTube's video posting terms. Whoops.



As you can hear, Adam really did a great job performing his rendition of Tears for Fears' "Mad Love". The control he demonstrated in that high, high range was incredible. Also, I'm probably the only one thrilled to see his normal hair back. (Can "normal" be used to describe anything about Adam? ...Probably not.) The slicked back Poofer 'Do just wasn't doing it for me. I thought it made him look like Chubby Elvis...or a creepy One-Hour Photo worker. My mom disagrees. She loves Tame Adam. Eee. Tame Adam makes me nervous. I want his weirdness all out there, where I can see it and know what it's doing.

11 comments:

Alicia said...

Hi. I just happened upon your blog - very funny, btw - and I just had to say that it happened to me too! My DVR cut out just before Adam Lambert and I was quite upset! I thought it was my stupid DVR and was pleading with my husband to fix it before I missed any more. So, since it happened to both of us, we'll have to chalk it up to Fox's error. (I hope!)

Kritter Krit said...

Alicia,

Welcome to the blog!

I'm guessing, since some people saw it and some didn't (I'm learning as I peruse various blogs), that it was a programming error on our part. Our DVR is only programmed to go over by one minute, and it sounds like Fox went over by at LEAST two, maybe three.

Man. I wonder if that will affect voting? If Adam gets kicked off because of a programming error, whooee!, that could cause a bit of drama. Worlds might collide. =)

floreksa said...

We lost Adam too on our DVR. DH FREAKED OUT. It would have been funny if it was any other singer...

Anonymous said...

the show went until about 9:08pm on my cable box clock...I was watching it live and saw how late it was running. AIdam did awesome but I did not recongize the song in the least bit...if you wnat to catch it, go to youtube, people are putting show clips on there everyweek. I am sure you will find it...

Lizz said...

The show did run over time. I only got to watch it because I record Fringe afterward too. Adam did great! He sang "Mad World". You have to appreciate the control he had over the song to really like it I think. Simon was the only judge to comment and he said something like "no words are needed" and he gave him a Standing O!

jakeandjoanna said...

Well, I'm glad I heard it here first (about the show running long). Jake and I recorded it so at least now I know what to expect when I'm watching it tonight. Our DVR got all kind of messed up with the whole March madness business too!! Ugh!
Okay, the whole "search is over" segment about Brian made me laugh so hard and the description of yourself...hysterical!

Smoochiefrog said...

I too was THRILLED to see Adam's hair back! The Elvis look scared the crap out of me!

Jennie said...

Are you okay from the tornado???!!!

Kritter Krit said...

Hey Jennie,

We're fine (we're actually in NW Arkansas - we just got a lot of heavy rain...some small hail). Our parents still live in Mena. They're fine, too. Russ's family was underground in a storm cellar when the tornado hit, and mine was safely tucked away in their basement. Both of their houses are okay - minimal damage to the roof and some trees. The rest of the poor town...man. It's awful to see such destruction. Thanks so much for asking about us! =)

Chantelle said...

You are SO FUNNY! Love your Adam recaps! :)

Anonymous said...

Download it from iTunes...it looks great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails