Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sophie's Message to Abby

Last night, Abby's dad, Brent, asked their Blog Family to help cheer Abby up. Sophie, despite having The Cruds the past several days, was MORE than excited to help. When I asked her if she wanted to make a little movie for Abby, she let out an "Ooo!" and RAN, skidding and popping wheelies, for the camera. (Running...from a child who has been curled up in a chill-ridden ball for the past three days. It was a happy sight for mama to see a glimpse of Perky Sophie.)



It has become routine around our house for Sophie and I to hit the computer first-thing in the morning to check for Abby Updates. Imagine her surprise, when this morning, a familiar voice was coming out of the screen.



It was priceless.

Sophie was watching Abby watching the video of her, glued to the screen, not knowing Abby was watching her video. (It actually surprised me, too. Abby received lots and lots of video messages. To be selected as one of the ones that made it onto her blog, well, Sophs and I got all puffed up with the Minor Celebrity-ness of ourselves.) As she was watching, Sophie's eyes got bigger and bigger and BIGGER until the moment you could tell she recognized who was talking on the screen. She blurted out, "Mama! That's ME!!!!"

*******

Last night I tried to explain to Sophie the difference between "her sick" and "Abby's sick", thinking it would be a good opportunity to teach her a little more about compassion and thinking about others before yourself. I went into this mini-sermon about God's love and caring for others and the difference between a virus and an all-the-time sickness. I asked her if she thought it would be a good idea, when she feels like she does right now - tired, and weak, and fever-y, with her throat and stomach hurting so badly, to imagine how Abby must feel ALL the time,and to maybe stop, right then, and say a little prayer for her.

You could see the wheels turning and then she said with a hand-clap, "So! Do you think Abby will pray for ME?"

[Whoosh!]

Ah, the mind of a four-year old. Ya gotta love 'it! =)

7 comments:

Brent Riggs said...

She is so STINKIN' CUTE!!!! I loved her video last night... we watched it over and over...

HI SOPHIE!!!! this is Abby's Daddy... I wish I could give you a great big hug and kiss!!

After you get over your virus... :)

Brent (Abby's Dad)
www.riggsfamilyblog.com

Kritter Krit said...

Thanks! She's a MESS. =)

Amy said...

Kristy... this is so sweet!! oh my oh my... I have tears in my eyes.

Sweet Sophie wishing precious Abby to get better.
Love it.

Michelle said...

Hi I just read your comment on the riggs family's latest post. I wanted to tell you how much I can relate and how much I appreciate your vulnerability. God can and will use your story for His glory!

Blessings!
Michelle
www.journeytomercy.blogspot.com

Kritter Krit said...

Aw, Michelle, thanks so much! It's amazing, isn't it, how Abby is drawing people together to encourage and comfort each other. I so appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment on my blog.

Wow, four boys! Yowser. Hope you guys have a new little one to add to the brood soon. The adoption wait is enough to make you insane! Stay strong in Him. =)

wy-not said...

I have linked to this post on my facebook page, because I think that video is just about the sweetest thing I have ever seen. I would love for all of my friends to see it. God bless you and keep you all!

Kritter Krit said...

Thanks, Wy-not. Appreciate it! =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails