Thursday, January 8, 2009

An Interview With Sophie

Me: "Hey, Sophs, are you bored? ...I need some blog material. Want me to interview you?"

Sophie: "HUH? What me?"

Me: "I'll ask you some questions, and you'll just answer them. I'll videotape you. It'll be like we're on Dateline...but without the scandal."

Sophie: "What?"

Me: "Can you sit in that chair over..."

Sophie: "I will! But then can I put cotton candy lipgloss on you and paint your fingernails? ...I can video you! Oh! Let's eat marshmallows, or can I have a surprise?"

(Yikes.)

Me: "Here we go..."

******

~What is your name?

Sophie Kristin.


~How old are you?

(Holding up four fingers.) This many! That's a LOT, huh?

~Where do you live?

Right here.

~Do you have any pets?

No, but you know I want a dog, Mama.

~Who do you like to play with?

Frazier, Mooms, Sol, Ella, Alex, that boy at Nana's...all the nice people like that.

~Here's a thinker, Sophs: How do you feel about Barack Obama?

Well... (head scratch) I don't think I've ever gone there. Is it kinda like Disneyworld?

~What’s your favorite cereal?

The crunchy kind!

~What’s your favorite vegetable?

Squash. From The Outback

~What’s your favorite drink?

Cold water. I don't like milk, even if it's pink like Lola's.

~What’s your favorite snack?

Popcorn! Like the kind Fafa makes. And candy. But I can't have a lot of that because it's bad for my teeth and my body.

~What’s your favorite toy?

My tazer. My dinosaurs. My big Bouncy Ball. And my sparkly make-up stuff. ...But it gets all over everywhere and makes you a little bit frustrated, huh?

~What’s your favorite book?

The Olivia ones. And that one with the scary man on the back .

~What’s your favorite restaurant?

The China Restaurant. They have the best jello! Can we go there after my nap?


~What’s your favorite holiday?

Christmas. And winter.

~What’s your favorite animal?

Puppy.

~If you could change your name, what name would you choose?

Sally.

~Would you have a middle name?

Spooooooky.

~Your name would be Sally Spooky?

(Giggle.)

Yes. Sally Spooky Spaghetti-Head.

(Gales of giggles.)

~What do you love about Daddy?

That he works for us to have money and his nice little face.

~What do you love about Mama?

That you give me M&Ms.

~Where would you like to go on vacation this year?

The zoo and the aquarium. But not to see those creepy green eels. Remember, they were really so UGLY.

~What are some of your wishes for this year?

I wish for... all my dreams to come true.

~Thanks, Sophie! It was really nice talking to you. Do you have anything else you'd like to say to the camera?

You're welcome, Mama. (Blowing me a kiss.) Yes, just... how come you're the boss of me?

~Because God designed it that way.

But who am I the boss of?

~Baby Huggums.

********

{Inspiration for this interview came from New Year's Interview for Kids from Blissfully Domestic and, more specifically, from Bethany Actually's interview with Annalie. Annalie is just a smidge older than Sophs. I thought it would be fun to see how their answers compared. Ah, the mind of a four-year old.}

12 comments:

Jennie said...

She's just so precious.

Anonymous said...

What a delightful interview! I'm glad I rated in people she likes to play with. (Who is Frazier?!!?) Tell her I love to play with her, too!

The last few remarks were the best. Love, Mooms P.S. Faf says "hi!"

Kritter Krit said...

Frazier is the dog next door. =)

Kaitlyn said...

I love the innocence of children.

Val said...

Love it! Especially, her answer regarding our new president! So funny.

Brian said...

The Chinese always make the best Jello.

sarah p said...

his nice little face? THAT is funny.

this was really cute!

Kristy said...

The Shel Silversein part CRACKED me up! What a smart girl- he is scary!

Not quite the Bradys said...

LOVED this! But I got a little hung up on- she has a tazer?!

Kritter Krit said...

NQTB's,

She calls her Star Wars Light Saber a "tazer". =)

(She kept telling me she wanted a tazer for Christmas. Imagine the time I had trying to figure out what THAT WAS!)

Not quite the Bradys said...

Hee Hee! That's so cute! This year for his birthday, Mr.Yuke(turning 5) said he wanted "a sled that's my own that I don't have to share with anyone else. And I want a Landshark." "A landshark?" "Yes. It's a Landshark that is as big as the sled and it goes on tracks and I can put it next to my sled and it can race me down the hill." "????... Is this something you SAW somewhere? On t.v. or something?" "No. I just thought of it. But you could probably find one if you look in all the stores. Except for HOME DEPOT. All they have is garden stuff."

Kritter Krit said...

Ha! Smart boy! Home DePot is pretty dull. =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails