Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Relaxing Thanksgiving Weekend At Home

It takes up half the living room, but...TOTALLY WORTH IT. I just sit and stare at the shiny, twinkly gloriousness of it all.

Is it just me, or did Sophie age three years while we were putting up the tree? She's looking so grown up these days. It's nuts!

While I was cooking, Sophie got to decorate her little tree all by herself. She did an excellent job of placing all fifty ornaments in one spot. She couldn't understand why it kept toppling over.

After a little chat about weight distribution, ta dah! Beautimus!

Making homemade applesauce with Daddy (and sampling along the way). Man, it made the house smell good! Apples with cinnamon, brown sugar, and a little nutmeg. Mmm.

An up-close look at some of our ornaments. (...Which is exciting, I'm sure, only to me.) Fa lalalalala la la la la!




Mesmerized by the sparkly gold disco ball ornament.

Sophie was still in a decorating mood after tackling the trees, so she unleashed her Creative Genius on me.

I couldn't get a very good night shot of the lights on the house. It's way prettier in person. Enough so to make Sophie yell "Oooooo, look!" every time we walk outside.

Chillin' by the tree with Daddy and watching The Wizard of Oz.

******

Something about putting up the Christmas decorations made us really miss you, Walt and Annie. We love you oodles! Hope to talk to you on Skype soon!

8 comments:

sarah p said...

The tree and the house look BEAUTIFUL! Makes me sad that we're not going to have our own tree up this year. =( So glad you were able to be together for Thanksgiving.

Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

everything looks great. this makes me really miss home and family. soph looks so big now. we miss you guys.
walt

Anonymous said...

Wowza - your tree is gorgeous! We miss you guys a ton... I'll try to have my skype on as much as possible this week - call if you get a minute and are feeling up to it.
love you guys, Annie

Kristen said...

Gorgeous! You put our tree and house to shame :) Glad you are home safe and sound and hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Jennie said...

Looks like you made the right decision to come HOME. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Wowie! Your tree is gorgeous! No wonder you're enamoured. And I think the outside is pretty impressive also.

Sophs looks so old and tall in these pictures, but the one of her sitting in Russell's lap while gazing at the tree looks like you! Love, Mooms

Lisa said...

Gorgeous decorations, guys! Your tree is fabu-lo-so and the outside is lovely, too!

Sophie looks way grown up! And cuter than ever. I'm not believing my blogging eyes. I hope I don't choke on nothing from shock and cuteness when I lay eyes on her in person.

Prepare for some massive hugs come Christmas. We miss you guys tons.

Lisa said...

Oh, and Krit....lookin' hot with a capital H in the birthday girl gear! Fancy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails