Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Black Dirt, Red Barns, and Lots 'o Evergreens

******

Yep. We have arrived. Minnesota.

Pronounced MinnesOOOOta. Which kind of cracks me up. They say their o's funny 'round these parts. Of course, the locals seem to find my accent a tad amusing as well. Yeah, what can you do? I'm twangy. I get it. Have you met my mother? She'll take you for a ride through Hicksville Accent that you'll never forget!

Man, it's brrrr willy around here. The high was 29 today. The high! Every lake that we drove by had a sparkly layer of ice of the top of it, and the spruce trees were glistening with frost. Russ told me he was thinking, as we marveled at the beauty of the landscape, that this would be a great area to live in. That is, until he stepped out of the van to gas up and froze himself silly. (Seriously, the boy had a tiny icicle hanging from his nose when he climbed back in the car.) For those of you who know Russ, phenomenons such as snot turning to ice are not a laughing matter. Cold is not really his gig. "Son of a biscuit!" seems to be his exclamation of choice every time we have to go outside for any reason. It's pretty entertaining.

Just wanted to let everyone know we'd arrived. Our hotel is attached to the Mayo Clinic, via underground subway (yeah, this place is huge!). So I guess we're good to go in the morning.

Yikes. Kind of nervous. But so very anxious to get some answers. So, in that respect, kind of excited too.

6 comments:

sarah p said...

Praying for you! Let us know how it goes.

Jen Forbes said...

Cheech,
You're on top of my prayer list! May the force be with you...I mean, God and His infinite power, love and wisdom. May He be with you.
I lvoe you.
Jen

Kritter Krit said...

Okay, so maybe I'm just homesick and slightly out-of-sorts, but you just made me want to squall, Jen.

Thanks, you guys, for praying. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Kristy,
I have been praying for over a month that God would prepare the doctors at Mayo, so quit worrying and relax; He is incharge and has it all worked out!!!!
I Love You,
Aunt Becky

Anonymous said...

Kristy, I am praying you will get some answers so you can get better. I hope tomorrow goes well, keep us posted.

God Bless
Kristie

Kristen said...

Good luck today, I will be thinking about you. ((((HUGS))))

Related Posts with Thumbnails