Monday, September 29, 2008

Something Refreshing...And Less Refreshing

Why does this make me grin like a goon and feel like I kind of wanna squall at the same time? (Make sure your sound is turned up and that you move your curser out of the way after you hit play, so you can read the bottom of the screen.)

Chillbumps. Life is beautiful. You can almost feel a smidge of hope for humanity.

And then you read something like this:

A West Virginia man accused of passing gas and fanning it toward a police officer no longer faces a battery charge.

And uhhhh. Whoosh! It's gone again.

******

Part of the teariness, I know, comes from missing my sweet brother and sister-in-law, who are living overseas. The dancing reminds me of you, Walt. ...Well, actually the toot story kind of does too. Hee. Love you guys. Here's a video message from Sophs, who woke up this morning a Master Joke Teller. =)

7 comments:

Kristen said...

Sophie is so stinkin sweet, and grown up!

BTW thanks for the link to "where is Matt"...I had seen that before, but love it the second time just as much.

Lora Lee said...

Hey there. So glad you are back. I was missing you lots. I didn't put a comment bugging you, but I almost e-mail Aunt Vicky to make sure you were ok. I'm sorry you still don't have an answer to your troubles. Will be praying for you. Sophie is so cute just want to squeeze her. Love ya'll

Lora Lee

sarah p said...

sweet girl.

some things i noticed:
1. short curls are cute!
2. she's gettin' a little arkansas twang
3. she almost made me cry when she said "i miss you" I MISS THEM TOO!!!
4. i thought i heard her say she wanted to come and visit jackson and see new york city. no? was that just me?

Kritter Krit said...

Sarah,

That's her fresh-outta-bed hair. For some reason, it shrinks up in the night. You wouldn't believe how long it is when it's wet. It's down past her shoulder blades. Nutty!

And, yes, I'm pretty sure she said she wanted to come to NY. =)

Kritter Krit said...

Lora Lee,

Thanks for praying. I really appreciate it!!

Kristen,

Isn't that Matt video AMAZING?? I've watched it several times, and every time I make it about halfway through before I get teary. It's just so uplifting. =)

Anonymous said...

Hey Soph, It's Walt.
I absolutely loved your videos! And your dancing was spectacular!
Did you learn those moves from your Uncle Walt. Next time I see you, we should have a dance party.
You joke reminds me of the kind of jokes that I like to tell. They make sense to us, don't they?
I miss you.
Thanks for sending the videos. It is fun to see you grow up.
I love you.
Walt
p.s. We'll try to send a video soon.

Anonymous said...

Uncle Walt,

I love you, too! Hug Auntie Annie for me. I can't wait to have a Dance Party with you. =)

Love,
Sophie

Related Posts with Thumbnails