Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Do Something For Jesus! ...We're Just Not Exactly Sure What.

Sophie has been singing this song a lot lately. Over and over. And over and over and over. Belting it out. Humming it softly to herself as she plays. And now, as a result, it's all I can sing as well:

"Jesus, Jesus. Crash for Jesus! Died and rose again!"

Apparently she learned it at Vacation Bible School a couple of weeks ago.

I asked her, "Sophie, do you mean clap for Jesus, maybe?"

(Giggling hysterically, like I'd told the funniest joke ever.) "No, Mama. Crash for Jesus. Crrraaaaaaaaash."

"Okay, and what does that mean - crash for Jesus?"

"Well, you know, crash. Like crash. Like crash your car."

Ahhh. Clarification. Excellent.

...I don't know. Perhaps the lesson was on the Rapture? (Hee.)

******

~Hopefully you'll be able to hear this. Sometimes cute videos occur when someone is making obnoxious noises in the background. Granted that someone was busy sweating and working while I sat and made a movie, but, you know. Equally important, yes?





Updated to add: Sophie informed me right before her nap that "crash for Jesus" means "to disciple them". Which really doesn't clear anything up. But I am wildly impressed that she's added "disciple" to her vocabulary. Whether she has a clue what it means or not.

8 comments:

Mark said...

I had no idea Sophie had made a recent trip to the Holy Land. :)

But I like it...it could be a new bumper sticker..."Crash for Jesus!"

Oh wait...maybe not such a good idea.

Anonymous said...

You know I had my own version of "Tradition" from Fiddler on the Roof... I still think it sounds better as Have a Shun!!!
-Nicole

Anonymous said...

Crash for Jesus, that's a new one!

Love,
Auntie Em

sarah p said...

oh man. that's good stuff.

i love that she learned it in Jerusalem.

what a precious kiddo!

emily said...

Great video! I love that she says so seriously that she learned it in Jerusalem. I love even more that she pulls the skin on her belly out when she did her curtsy! Very innovative!

Anonymous said...

Sophie, YOU ROCK!!!!! :)
Love, Aunt Becky

Kritter Krit said...

I just thought of something...

She keeps doing a cymbal crash motion with her hands whenever she says "crash!"

Maybe the song was: "Jesus, Jesus!" (cymbal crash) "Died and rose again!"

Maybe??? I'm actually kind of tempted to call one of the VBS teachers and ask. =)

Kritter Krit said...

Mooms figured it out. As soon as she heard Sophs singing the song, she recognized it.

It's a combination of a cymbal crash and "precious Jesus" - which translates, it seems, to "Crash for Jesus!"

Hee. Love this kid. =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails