Saturday, June 7, 2008

Into Every Life, A Little Hair Must Fall

"Hey, Mama, look! I'm a really good Hair Scissorer!"

Um...

Nine little words you never want to hear coming out of your three-year old's mouth. My immediate thought was: no no no no NO! Please dear Lord, when I turn around, let her be holding a doll in desperate need of a bonnet.

Nope.

This morning while I was on the phone dealing with the home warranty and air conditioning people (ah, the joys of home ownership), Sophie was quietly entertaining herself.

NOT in her room, playing with her dolls, as she was when I checked on her prior to getting on the phone.

Instead, it seems, she had used a laundry basket as a stool and was in the craft drawer. Discovering the scissors.

Remember that cute, boingy curl she had that would always fall so sweetly in the middle of her forehead? Aww.
Well. It's gone. Along with the little Curl Friend that used to hang out beside it.

All that remains is one lovely winged swoop-bang. Reminiscent of Farrah, circa 1974.


((Sigh.))

8 comments:

Russ said...

She is still cute. We will hide the scissors anyway so she doesn't do anymore "practicing."

Kritter Krit said...

Yeah, she is.

The problem with Sophie is, as you know, the instant you forget to hide something (the scissors, the Sharpie marker, the glue, the lotion, the toothpaste, the pen), there she is SNATCHING it up. Wrecking stuff. Or wrecking herself.

Ugh.

Jen Forbes said...

Cheech,
Sophie is pure gold. That kid rocks. I love that she is soooooo independent and adventuresome. Whack job or not, her hair is gorgeous. Something that this pea-headed, fine haired (STRAIGHT, fine-haired) girl adores. I know you want to choke her, but just hug her instead!!
Love,
Jen
PS - Amazing pictures of the cutest kid EVER. So much expression.

Russ said...

Sweets,

I think Jen misspelled "Lvoe".

Kritter Krit said...

Jen,

Oh, yes, INDEEDY, she's all about adventuresome and independent.

When I sat her on the counter and was trying to fix her Farrah 'do into something resembling "not funky", she asked me, "Mama, do you like my hair like this?"

Not sure what to say, I blurted out, "Well, honey, it's not optimal."

She hugged me and said, "Thank you, Mama. I think it's beautiful, too!"

What could I do? Of course, I squeezed her back. (And not in a you-make-me-CRAZY! way.) =)

Russ,

Yeah, Jen probably concentrated for all she was worth to type "love". I know that's the only way I get it to come out right.

Kristen said...

What is it with little girls with sneaking a chop with their craft sissors. I have caught Fia a few times (before she actually cut it) and we just had one of her friends over this weekend that did an even shorter number than Sophie! Lucky for you, Sophie still looks cute as a button and her hair is wonderful. I think it looks great, just shorter! Never a dull moment, eh?

emily said...

Oh, man. Kids do the craziest stuff! Even though she chopped part of it, she's still so darn cute. At least your kid has hair to cut!

We enjoyed seeing you all last weekend and meeting you in person! Thanks again for the swimming and the tour of all the pottery.

Val said...

Oh no! We had the same experience a few weeks ago when Kenz took a little off the top. =)

No problem, Sophie's hair is still gorgeous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails