Tuesday, June 10, 2008

"Something Amazing"

This afternoon Sophie told me she wanted to do some art for Mooms and Fafa and Nana "and all the nice people like that". So we got out the markers, scissors, paint, glue, and paper and headed for the kitchen in our "art attire" (just undies, naturally).

As you can see, she made some beautimus things...

At that point, as everything was laid out on the table to dry, I thought she was done. So I started gathering stuff up to put back in the supply cabinet.

She shouted out, "Wait, wait, Mama, please! I want to make something really special!"

I asked, for who? She told me I'd have to wait. It was a surprise.

I said that would be fine, told her to stay put where she was and not to get any paint on the floor or furniture. (In retrospect, I realize I didn't specifically say, "or anywhere except the paper".) Then I got busy puttering around the house, cleaning the office a bit. Doing a little laundry (of course, what else!)

I went out a few minutes later to check on her and found this:

And this. Both brushes at once. The skill! (Notice the little pink painted toenails on her right foot? Such a classy and delicate touch, choosing pink.)

Here's a zoomed-in shot, so you can really appreciate her handiwork. LOOK at the child's plum belly button. A NOT-so delicate touch. But definitely "special", don't you agree?

13 comments:

Kristen said...

Hilarious!! Sophie, well she is "amazing"....I craked up about the belly-button art, beats getting pierced any day!

Anonymous said...

I guess Sophie got you hopping with the "let's cut it out!" I hooted :) As for your voice, well-- that is definitely you :) And I, by the way, LOVE those South Arkansas roots!!! :) -If you think you're bad, just listen to me!!
Love,
Aunt Becky

Kritter Krit said...

Kristen,

Yeah, like how nice and saturated the paint is in there? It looks like a plum!

Aunt Becky,

"Let's cut it out!" SHEESH. WHAT was the child thinking?

As you can tell, I wasn't waiting around to see how it was going to turn out. If I know anything about Sophie, it's that she's a wee hair nuts. The child probably really would've tried to cut the purple off!

And oh yes indeedy, I know, my accent PALES pitifully in comparison to yours!! ;)

Love you.

mindy said...

Hilarious! thanks for sharing! I've really enjoyed reading/watching your updates.

Mindy
(from California)

Brett said...

Another Sophie Classic . . . "Let's cut it out?" I think you had that video camera off in about 0.1 seconds after that suggestion was made!

Kritter Krit said...

Mindy,

Glad you're enjoying the blog. Thanks for commenting!

Brett,

Yeah, I can move pretty quickly at times (...like when my child is about to remove her own belly button with a pair of craft scissors).

Sophie seems to provide a "classic" shockingly often! That girl - she definitely keeps me in blog material. =)

mindy said...

You're welcome! :) I found your blog a while ago when my baby Sophia was stressing me out with her reflux. Turns out she had a very mild case and has sense resolved the issue. But your stories really helped!

I especially enjoy the funny things your Sophie does. And your sense of humor in sometimes frustrating situations. Keep up the great blogging!

Not quite the Bradys said...

It has GOT to be the age. I am not kidding when I say that Mr.Yuke(4) just did this last week.

Not quite the Bradys said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVE the "Let's cut it." solution. That is hilarious!

Bobbie (mommy2alex&riah) said...

OH MY HEAVENS!! She's adorable. She didn't waste a beat!! "Lets cut it out." She's got a plan for everything. Smart girl!! LOL Too funny!!

sarah p said...

I love how she says "amazing". It really, really is. She has a good eye for art, Kristy. =)

And I love how abruptly the video ends as the scissors make their appearance.

She is so funny!

As for the accent: Repeat these words after me:
"foil"
"oil"

Good. that's what I thought.

Anonymous said...

Kristy
I just love that little accent of yours!!Sounds just like I remember!
Love Sally

Anonymous said...

Hey! What do you mean "blame?" You mean you THANK your dear old mom for that unique way of enhancing the English language! Not many people can pronounce the word "foil" correctly! I can't wait to see the video. My Arkansas computer, like my accent, is slow! I've decided that Sophie, when she grows up, is now going to be a Dr./Tattoo Artist. You can just get your warts removed and little rose applied in the same visit! Love, Mooms

Related Posts with Thumbnails