Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday, Nora!

Okay. So.

I'm not sure which is worse:

1.) Forgetting my niece's birthday.

or...

2.) Not realizing I had forgotten her birthday until the Today Show announced that today was not the 12th.

Yep. Somehow I lost a whole day, and in doing so, neglected to have one cousin call another sweet little cousin to wish her a Happy Birthday. O-well. The good thing about turning one is that you don't know when your Aunt Cheechie is forget-your-birthday-scatterbrained. And when she's just normal scatterbrained.

Love you, Nora. Happy Day-After-Your Birthday! Hope today is as good as yesterday was.

******

Edited to add: OR here's yet another neat contender for the "Which is Worse" List: Not realizing I had forgotten my brother's 30th birthday until my parents started talking about celebrating it this weekend. And (oh, yes, it gets worse) then not remembering I had forgotten to call that night to wish him a belated Happy Birthday...until today, when I realized I'd forgotten Nora's birthday. Man. I just stink.

(This sounds pathetic now, but...) Happy Birthday, Zachy J! I love you!

I'm going to have to put some whopper fine presents in the mail to make it up to everybody.

11 comments:

Russ said...

Just a reminder. This Sunday is Father's Day. ;)

Jen Forbes said...

Cheech,
Does May 30th ring a bell? Just wanted to heap on the guilt!
I still love you, though.
Jen

Anonymous said...

Oh, no, Jen!!

Happy Birthday and Happy Whatever-Number-Of-Years-It-Is (Eleven?) No Divorce!!

I love you, buddy. Please forgive my forgetfulness. Aaagh! Man, I used to be so GOOD at these sort of things! =S

Love,
Cheech

Bobbie (mommy2alex&riah) said...

LOL She's adorable!! Some day you'll pull all these dates back together!! ;)

The Mani said...

From the mother of the forgotten niece and the wife of the forgotten brother...don't worry about it! We love you! Whatever scatter-brain-ness you have going can't be ANY match for mine. I'm the queen of forgetfulness lately.

You can make it up to us by letting us come invade your house soon. Up for next weekend? We are!

Russ's comment made me laugh. Wish the guy a Happy Father's Day today!

Love,
L

The Mani said...

Hey Kritter! I appreciate the birthday happys, albeit belated. See you soon!
-zj

Kritter Krit said...

Z and L,

Ooo, YES!! Invade anytime. I'm up for this (or any) weekend!!!

I'll lure you here with Penguin Ed's. ;)

Happy Father's Day, ZJ. (Yay, me! I nailed remembering this one!)

Anonymous said...

It's hard to believe that the female in the family who has to remind her brothers to call on important days is the one doing the forgetting. Hm.... What could this mean? Ah-ha. Got it! Sophie! (The next blog entries tell it all!) Who could remember anything with all those antics going on! Love, Mooms P.S. I hooted at Russell's comment,

Courtney Horvath said...

I think it is completely forgivable to not have a clue what the date is. Ever since I became a stay-at-home mom, I can never remember the date. Sometimes, I don't even remember the general vicinity of the date...like, is it the 5th or the 23rd? Not sure. As long as you make a big deal of something when you do remember, you are golden. At least in my book. Although my book was written by someone who is not so great at remembering things.....

Russ said...

Another reminder. A lot of us out here like reading your stuff. When can we get more?

Lora Lee said...

I have to agree with Russ. I am itching for more posts. I was trying not to nag, but since he started it. :)

I hope you are feeling O.K. and everyone is good.

Lora Lee

Related Posts with Thumbnails