Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Who Woulda Thunk It?

After spanning the gamut of alleged constipation remedies, it turns out the equation for regularity in a digestively-challenged three year old is this: Milk + Yoplait Fiber One = Bathroom success!

Oh, yes, indeedy.

Since we started making strawberry yogurt "smoovies" a week ago, things are cranking along nicely. To the tune of multiple times a day. Yes, you heard that right. Plural poos in a 24 hour period. This from a child whose "norm" is once every ten days, and who recently told me she'd just "poop at Christmas". Ye doggies! Never, ever had we had such activity. Even when she was a newborn and pooping was supposedly a key component of the job description.

Lately, I've been hearing these lovely words (yelled casually from the bathroom):

"Maaaaa...ma? I need a book and some privacy, please."

Of course, immediately after she says this, she points to the floor beside the toilet and asks me to stay "right there". Yippee, thanks! Just where I wanted to be - trapped in a room with someone enthralled with their "funny noises". (Giggle, giggle.)

High-five, Yoplait. You, my friend, are infinitely more pleasant company than our posse of ex-buddies: Glycerin Suppository, Miralax, Benefiber, and Prune Juice.

******

5 comments:

sarah p said...

hip hip hooray for more poo!

Kristen said...

Wow and congratulations...I am running off to the store to try it since we are still on 2tsp of miralax a day.

Kritter Krit said...

Kristen,

Definitely try it!

NOTHING has really worked well for Sophie, prior to discovering this. We just put 1/2 a container in 5 oz. milk (twice a day) and shake it to "smoothie" consistency. She loves the taste (which is always a bonus)! It's thicker than plain milk, of course...so who knows if Fia will like it or not. (You know our girls and texture!) But hopefully she'll react the same way Sophie has. She actually ASKED for it yesterday! Let me know how it goes. =)

Huse Blog is it Anyway? said...

I linked to your page from Scott's.....and it's super cute. Thanks for getting me hooked to yet ANOTHER blog. You're now added to my google reader.....and I'll be frequenting. :-)

Oh yeah...congrats on the potty work!

Kritter Krit said...

Huse Blog,

Thanks! Welcome!

We specialize in Potty Work around here. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails