Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I Can Hear Taps Softly Playing In The Distance

Last night as I was crawling into bed and wrangling the covers, I heard this big kkkrrrrrrrrppt.

Yep. My pillowcase. (Remember #35?)

It seems I'd gotten my finger caught in one of the fragile seams and ripped a humongous hole in the side of it.

I yelped out an "Oh, no!"

To which Russell attempted an "Aw, I'm sorry."

But Pillowcase and I know the truth. We heard the tone. We saw the smile. We know he's mentally picking out the casket.

******

4 comments:

Russ said...

That wasn't a smile. It was relief that the disease-carrying, moth-attracting pillowcase may have actually caused its last illness. ;)

Kritter Krit said...

Oh, honey. Disease schmi-sease.

Pillowcase dares you to prove it ever caused an illness, or point to a single moth ever found in its vicinity.

I think you suffer from Ageism. =)

Lora Lee said...

I'm sorry to hear about your pillowcase. I had a hard time when Blake wanted to use the matching cases. I still have the pillowcase in a drawer. That way I can look and touch it when I want.:) Russell just doesn't understand.

Lora Lee

Anonymous said...

I find it hard to believe that you will put that pillowcase in the coffin. You'll probably just tear it in half, and then you'll have two. Your mom knows you too well to believe you're playing taps for that dear friend. Love, Mooms

Related Posts with Thumbnails