Thursday, April 10, 2008

Wildflowers, Windmills, and Stuff For The Wall from Walt

This morning when Sophie went to check the mail, she came to the door bearing gifts...


Aw.

We put them in a teeny vase in the kitchen. Aren't they just so cute and cheery? Now it looks like spring, at least, even if it was back in the forties again yesterday. ...Weird weather. I don't get it.

(Speaking of spring, if you're not already dying to say 'bye to winter, this post will have you screaming "BRING IT ON!" at the top of your lungs. This girl's photography - man, she's amazing. The lighting in her photos is just magical.)

Then later, Sophie and I went outside to watch her windmill twirl wildly in the breeze.




Two seconds later, this happened:




It flew off and hit me in the knee.

I guess we'll be calling on the mighty assistance of Gorilla Glue again. Or duct tape. Isn't that the hillbilly "fix-it" means of choice? Hee. If you've never used Gorilla Glue before, the stuff is GREAT. I don't know where the name comes from exactly. (I can hypothesize.) But I can definitely attest to the fact that it's crazy strong. It fixed a piece of mom's pottery that crashed off the shelf - good as new. You can't even see a hint of where it was broken. And it's currently holding a dresser drawer, one that Sophie gracefully smashed through the bottom of while using it as a stool, perfectly together. Oh, and securing our very heavy towel rod to the wall. Yep. Good stuff!

******

Also, thanks to my brother, Walt, and all things photographically awesome, we have acquired a great collection of Sophie pictures over the years. The boy is a genius with the camera! When mom called last week to tell me that Hobby Lobby had their custom framing on sale for 1/2 off, I jumped at the chance to frame several (okay, four - and that was showing restraint!) of my favorite shots. Woo hoo!

*Sophs flirting with Uncle Walt.

*In the leaves at Christmas.

*At four months old. (Hairless, but excelling in the cheek department.)

*Playing in the wooded area beside Mooms and Fafa's house.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie,

Those are called pinwheels.

...But windmill works too.

Love,
Russ

sarah p said...

oooh. love the newly framed art. i should do that of some of the jackson photos that he took. i'm sad that our photographer has left the country, aren't you?

Kritter Krit said...

Oh my gosh, SOOOO sad. For many reasons. But that's certainly one of them.

He's so much better at capturing Sophie and her "Sophie-ness" than ANY other photographer. Part of it is that he knows her, and part of it is that he just has such a natural ability to capture people at their best. I love his landscape shots. But I really love his photos of people (even people I don't know). They make you feel like you know the person, just by looking at them.

Can you imagine when they're home how many people are going to be lined up wanting him to take family/kid pictures?? The poor boy is going to have to "forget" his camera back in Germany to stay sane!

You definitely SHOULD frame some shots of Jackson. Look for the 1/2price custom framing sale at Hobby Lobby. They usually do it every couple-three months. It actually may still be going on. (I didn't notice when I picked up mine.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails