Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Scissors (Of Course).

My sister-in-law, Lisa, sent this hilarious email to me the other day. I thought it was definitely share-worthy.

******

QUOTE FROM THE MOM:

"This is my kindergartner's artistic rendering of a pair of scissors. I wonder what his teacher thought. I allowed myself just a small smirk when I saw it. Then waited until he was out of the room before I started crying from laughing so hard. Well, of course they're scissors. As you all know, I will be required to proudly display this on my refrigerator for a length of time."


Hee. I'm guessing it was probably the teacher who instructed him to write "scissors" at the bottom of his paper. You know, to clear up any confusion about what our wee ones are learning in school these days. ABC's, coloring inside the lines, sharing, counting, tying our shoelaces. Oh, and after nap time, let's all sit in a circle, fold our hands in our lap, and criss-cross applesauce. We're gonna learn about something really interesting!

10 comments:

Jennie said...

Oh my word. That is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

sarah p said...

oh.
my.

that reminds me of a great picture that a small child drew for me that I will need to share on my blog soon.

Kritter Krit said...

Oh my gosh, Sarah, now I'm dying to see your picture. Post it soon, pretty please! ;)

Melissa said...

(lisa joy's 14 year old daughter, aka melissa)

to borrow a phrase of yours OH MY HECK!

Kritter Krit said...

Melissa,

Oh, no! Now that I've gone "there", your mom will never let you come back to the site!

But you're right. "Oh my heck!" is exactly right. Don't you know that work of art looks just lovely on the refrigerator! I would hee-haw every time I reached in for the milk. =)

Not quite the Bradys said...

ROFL!!!! Thank you for sharing that! I'm linking it right now.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristy,
I know this is the day your brother and sis-in-law leave for Germany and I wanted to tell you I'm praying for you. I can 100% relate to the agony of saying goodbye. I was usually the one leaving. My parents were missionaries in Italy and sometimes I feel like all I ever did was say goodbye. And I'm still no good at it. It never did get any better. I can go to that ugly-snotty-red-faced cry pretty quickly. But it's okay. You and I know that God is preparing a place for us where not only will there be no more tears or pain...there will be no more goodbyes! That's my favorite part. LisaJoy
lisagump@hometownu.com

PS. Ban Melissa from your blog? Never! :0)

Kritter Krit said...

Lisa Joy,

Aw! That is so sweet of you to remember that Walt and Annie are leaving today and think of me. Seriously. Thank you for the prayers and kind, encouraging words. I really appreciate it.

Hugs.

Robert (Bob) English said...

Yep, scissors. Obviously!

Stephanie said...

There is not enough laughter in the world to describe the shrills of cackle that came out of my mouth when I saw this drawing. I printed it off so I could hang it on my refrigerator too.

I can't see through my tears.

Related Posts with Thumbnails