Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Oh my gosh, crazy EXCITING news!


Okay. I'm going to try and make coherent sentences. Right now my mind is spinning!


I just got an email from Russ's cousin, who works for an OB/GYN in Texas. I called her back, and she told me they have a birthmother, who is due in April and is looking for a family to adopt her baby. (Did that sentence make any sense? Right now I'm not even sure I know my name!)


It sounds like potentially the PERFECT situation for us. The family is looking to do a private adoption (which we all know is the absolute best way to adopt, for everybody involved). There will be another ultrasound performed in a couple of weeks, but from the preliminary reports, it looks like the baby is a girl. (We, of course, don't care either way. It could be pink and purple polka-dotted and that would be just peachy with us! But when I told Sophs about the situation, she did say, "A girl! I love a girl!! I'll wrap her up in a blanket and she can play green Playdoh with me!") A sister would be fun for Sophs - someone she could be close to (and boss around) growing up.

Isn't adoption a hoot? One second you're sitting in your living room clipping your toenails, thinking, man, today is D-U-L-L. And then BAM, the next second you check your email and learn you may be close to meeting your second child. It's nutty, I say. And just so stinking neat!

Anyway. Phew! I'm trying not to get too far ahead of myself. The mother of the birthmother could be contacting me soon (by phone or email) to chat, and I'm sending them our portfolio today by Fed Ex. So they can run away screaming...I mean, so they can meet our wacky little family.


Please be in prayer, if this is the baby God has planned for our family, that all the details will come together perfectly. Please also be in prayer for Tiffany, the birthmom. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to come to a decision like this. Pray that God will give her peace and comfort her during this emotional time.

*******

"Believe all things are possible." (Mark 9:23)

16 comments:

Bob said...

Hopefully, a Congrats will be in order soon!! That's terrific news! I hope you find out soon so that you don't have to wait any longer than necessary! At least the birth is sooner than later too, right? April is not that far away. How are you going to sleep now?

Sarah said...

wahooo! we'll be praying lots. that's so exciting!

Mark said...

Sounds potentially exciting! :-)

Val said...

WOW!!! We're praying too! That's really really exciting. Whenever it happens, Sophie will be a GREAT big sister.

Anonymous said...

I tried to remain level headed as I read your post, but I just couldn't (sorry :)) So, I cried tears of joy as I read and I prayed for God's will to be done.
It is so hard (well impossible) not to get prematurely excited !!! I've read your "book" and it brought me to tears - I pray it will so move the birthmother, also :)
Aunt Becky

Lisa Joy said...

Yippeeeeee! Way to go, happy little family! That's the sweetest news I've had all day. I haven't commented in a while, but I've been checking up on you regularly. Just think...some day she may be runner up in her middle school spelling bee. (Which my sweet girl did today) Whooooohooooo!!!!!
Lisa

Kristen said...

We will be sending all our love and good thoughts your way! Keep us posted....

Kristy said...

Thanks guys, for sharing in the excitement and for the prayers.

Like I said, we're trying to remain cool and semi-levelheaded. But, you know, when it comes to babies, that's kind of hard.

We know God has a plan for our family. We're hoping this is His plan for giving Sophs a sibling. Woo hoooooo! But if it isn't (restoring the calm tone deep within), we'll be just fine. Really, we will.

If we've learned anything from this wild ride that is adoption, it's to trust God's will for our family. Patience isn't always easy. But God's timing is always perfect.

We'll keep everyone posted!

Anonymous said...

Yur mom is beside herself... grinning ear to ear. We will be praying!!!
Kathy & Steve

Walt said...

that's really cool. it would be so fun for soph to have a little sis.

Not quite the Bradys said...

Oh, congratulations! I hope it works out for you. (And for Sophie. Siblings make the world so much more fun!) You are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

This sounds like the desire of your hearts. It brings to mind Psalm 37:4...the promise that: "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." I am praying that His will is done for your family and that you will rest and trust in His purposes for you! Will look forward to more news :)...
Love,
Sharon

Amelia said...

Kristy, it's Amelia from the Toddlers with Reflux board. Yes, I stalk you, I adore your little Sophie across the internet, and you, you fabulous writer. I am SO happy that this has fallen from the sky for your little family. Adoption is AWESOME! I'm just a little biased, but I think that adopted kids are the cutest ones. :) You'll be in my prayers, along with this angel who will is potentially your next child's birth mother.

Steve Bluhm said...

Kristy I am so happy to hear of your news, I pray it all works out and that you get a new baby and sibling for Sophs. How much fun would that be!!!! I had been wandering if you guys were going to adopt again. Please keep us posted if her mother calls you or if you get anymore details. You can bet I will be praying for you guys!!!!!!

a happier girl said...

Such exciting news! I hope it all works out!

Anonymous said...

Oh how exciting Kristy!!!! Everyone is in my prayers!!!!! Please keep us posted on the reflux board - I don't make it to your blog as often as I would like.

Sending hugs!!! I can't imagine how excited you must be!!!!!

Nancy & Jackson

Related Posts with Thumbnails