Saturday, January 12, 2008

Oh, Joyful Day!

The quest is over...

I finally found it! Thanks to an exhaustive search and the very nice, helpful guys over at McPherson's Home Furnishings, we are the proud owners of one oh so gorgeous dining room table.

You would not believe how many times since it was delivered this afternoon that Russell has caught me just staring at it. Sighing happily. Clapping like a three-year old at Chuck E. Cheese's and shouting out an occasional spontaneous YIPPEE!

Yep. I'm not the only one who thinks it's mighty fine. Balloon-worthy fine.

It's a distressed oak (almost a perfect match to our floors) with a really nifty inlay pattern on the table top, and a subtle carving along the edge of the table and top of the chairs.

It has a big leaf that can be added to seat up to ten (twelve if you squeeze) for family get-togethers and holidays. It's PERFECT! Did I mention that I love it?

...and its little silverware/placemat holding 3-drawer buddy. Oh, happy, happy day!

9 comments:

Val said...

I LOVE IT! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Dear Cheech,
Good choice! I like the color of the wood and the inlay. Wish you had shown a picture of the pedestals. I also like the little side cabinet and the chairs look solid. Merry Christmas. Give Tootles a hug and kiss from me. Love, Faf

Anonymous said...

WOw! I had forgotten the inlay on the table! That lamp looks gorgeous (word of the day) in that room! I love your little silver chest and your impressive vase and flowers on the table. All in all, that room is pretty impressive, and I can't wait to eat in it! Love, Mooms

Kristy said...

Val,

Thanks! Woo hoo!! I'm going to go stare at it (in glazed over joy) again. Maybe rub it with a soft cloth and whisper sweet nothings in its ear. =)

Faf,

Glad you approve! Yes, thank you, thank you to you and Mooms for a most excellent Christmas present. As for the pedestals, yep, you'll have to come see them in person. (Hee. Like my "lure"?)

Kristy said...

Mooms,

Yes, GORGEOUS! I agree! (Definitely the word of the day!)

When Sophie first saw it after her nap, she said: "Oh, Mama! It's gorgeous!!"

And then she said: "Let's eat something in here!" (Apparently she agrees with you.) =)

Thanks oodles and oodles for helping me find it. Phew! We looked at some tables, huh?!

Kristen said...

love it, well worth the wait!!!

Sarah said...

oooh. nice!
I really, really like it.
The little 3-drawer number is mighty fine, too.

Nice work!

Not quite the Bradys said...

Oooo! Pretty!

Anonymous said...

Kristy

Do please tell us what Russ said! I remember the conversation we had about your dining room table when he was here!!Very happy for you, my dear!
Sally

Related Posts with Thumbnails