Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Yep. I Know What My Nightmare Will Be About Tonight.

Okay. Rarely do I link to anyone's blog (outside of family). Mostly because you never really know what you're going to get with strangers. One of my favorite "professional bloggers", although absolutely hysterical, has a tendency to drop some Big Daddy potty words in some pretty weird and unexpected places - like in a sentence about puppies. But the girl from "Oh My Stinkin' Heck", I always love. She's hilarious. Her children are adorable. She's an amazing photographer. She's honest and forthright, even about tough subjects. Her stories are uplifting and fun and real. She has a heart for the Lord. Oh, and she's an Aggie.

'Nuff said.

So today I went over to her site for my daily dose of hee-haw, only to find this:

http://www.ohmystinkinheck.com/incidentally-unfortunate-events/

!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got to the first picture and just about ralphed up my just-eaten cottage cheese snack. (Mark, buddy, if that isn't clue enough NOT to read this one, I don't know how else to warn you. Your Ick-o-Meter will short circuit and and your head will explode. ...I'm just sayin'.)

So why, after realizing oh too clearly what a "pinkie" was, did I keep reading?

I don't know. All I can say is - from that first picture, I was fascinated. Glued to the screen. In a can't-divert-my-eyes-away-from-the-car-crash kind of way.

You'll do the same. You'll read this dude top to bottom with your mouth hanging open, shouting "Noooooooo!" at the computer screen the whole way through. And then you'll get to the end and read the most unfortunate of the "unfortunate events", and you too will yak up your bedtime snack and curse me for linking to someone outside of the family.

Good stuff, huh?

11 comments:

Mark said...

Uh...yeah...I think I'll let you tell me the G-rated version later.

Kind of like you do for me with "Grey's Anatomy." ;-)

Kristen said...

NICE!!! This blog spoke to me...yes it was gross, but I was a animal neuroscience major in college and I have stories that definitely rival this one...

Also, I had a pet snake for over 8 years before having Fia (Darren made me give it away when I got pregnant) and my snake would only eat life, full sized rats! At least I didn't have to deal with the left-over water!

sarah p said...

ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, ew

please tell me annie has read this.

Bob said...

Alrighteeee then....yep, thanks for that one. Looks like the snake had a Thanksgiving feast as well.

Kristy said...

Mark, if I did to this post what I do for you when we watch Grey's, I'd have to "fast-forward" the whole thing.

Kristen, that's hilarious! I don't see you with a SNAKE. Cheerleader. Snake. Those just don't go together.

Sarah, I know. I immediately thought of Annie. She'll gag as soon as the first picture pops up. By the time she gets to the Rat Water, she'll be running for the bathroom.

Robert, you're welcome. Nothing like starting your day with frozen rat babies, huh? I know, the way the snake ate that thing was the equivalent of us swallowing the 20 lb. turkey whole - in one big gulp. Eww.

Traci said...

I am too nervous. I have puked enough lately.

One day I will be brave enough, but it is not today.

Kristy said...

Aww, Traci, you know you wanna look! Just do it! All the cool kids are doing it!!

(That was my best attempt at peer pressure.) ;)

Becky said...

Thanks Kristy! I was stupid enough to go there while eating a VEGGIE burger - enough said.

Kristy said...

Ooo. Veggie Burger. That goes nicely with baby rat popsicle and rat water.

Mmm. Sorry, Aunt Beck. =)

Anonymous said...

Don't know if you remember or if this is a recent development, but I have a serious gag reflex. Since your mention of eating a "cottage cheese snack" created a knot in that spot in my stomach, I think I'll skip that post for now. You haven't always eaten cottage cheese have you? Nancy was the cottage cheese freak.
Beth :)

Kristy said...

Man, what a memory! Yes, Nancy was the cottage cheese freak. She put it on EVERYTHING.

I'm new to the fascination. =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails