Sunday, August 12, 2007

Said the Rancher Husband to his Very Pregnant Wife...


Russ's sister is due with her first baby in a couple of weeks. (Yippee! Come on Cousin Brody-Dax-Sam-Wyatt-Cooper-Carter!! Sophie is as anxious for your arrival as the rest of us! Every night she prays for a "helfy and really cute" baby cousin. ...Good going, Sophs, get it right with God - no ugly babies allowed in this family! Hee.)

As the Big Day gets closer and closer, Amanda is becoming (understandably) more and more nervous. Excited. But a wee bit freaked out. You can hear it in her slightly-shaky voice. She's starting to do that whole "Scenario Girl" thing. (...You know, that thing I have a tendency to do pretty much constantly.)

Here is laid-back Uncle Rob's version of encouragement...
_______

Amanda: "What happens if in some remote area between Mena and the Hot Springs hospital I lose cell coverage and go into for-real labor?"

Rob: "Not a problem. I've pulled plenty of calves."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristy,
I'll give you one better, your dad will surely appreciate this one. Friday night I was home alone & feeling some strange sensations that were a little different than all the others. Of course I had called Mom for her to reassure me that I would definately know if I was going into labor, something that I have done numerous times over the past couple of months. Rob came home & I asked him to run me a bath. Soaking in the tub & feeling somewhat better, I asked him to call Mom & give her an update. During their conversation, she told him that surely he would know when it was the real deal. His reply: "I was thinking that I would just put her out in the pasture & if she goes off by herself away from the rest of the herd, we will know it's time!" You just gotta love him!
Love,
Amanda

Kristy said...

Oh my GOSH!

That is hysterical. =)

sarah p said...

that's funny...what a cute belly she has!

love the new design, by the way...

Kristy said...

Hey Amanda,

I talked to my dad today. He said having delivered both calves and babies, he would offer this advice to Rob:

"If you end up having to help deliver Amanda on the way to the hospital, as long as you don't use the Come-A-Long during the pulling, you should be just fine."

Very helpful, don't you think? =)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Amanda has the prettiest pregnant belly I've ever seen! It looks like a touched-up photo. Love, Mooms

Kristy said...

Okay, apparently I need to clarify:

That is not Amanda's belly.

That is just some random woman in a magazine, who happens to have a cute belly.

I didn't have a shot of Amanda's belly. ...Nor did I figure she would let me take one just two weeks from delivering. ...Or draw a smiley face on it, for that matter. =)

KimV said...

Oh this sounds like my husband! actually he DID bring a calf pulling chain as a joke to my first delivery...you should have seen the dr.'s facw when he showed it to him :)
Kim V.

Related Posts with Thumbnails