Friday, August 17, 2007

Ode to a Most Excellent Friend


Okay. So here's the deal: I will not be winning any Friendship Awards any time soon.

Largely due to the fact that I have stunk it UP lately from a keep-in-touch standpoint. In light of my shameful lack of communication, and the fact that there isn't a bouquet of flowers or gift certificate to Pier 1 big enough to say PLEASE FORGIVE ME!, here is my attempt (be it ever so pitiful) to let my dear pal, Kristen, know how much she is loved and appreciated.

For you, buddy, a little Blog Hallmark moment - guaranteed just Cheese-Puffy enough to make you yak up your lunch.

******

Ode To A Most Excellent Friend

I have a good friend named Kristen
Who will always just sit and listen
Whenever I am stressed out or blue
Or covered head-to-toe in puke or poo
My constant, ever-encouraging friend.


She never fails to remember or acknowledge important dates
Despite the fact that I can't ever seem to get it together in time to reciprocate
She's sweet and she's kind; she's as patient as can be
She puts up with me - just being Kooky Me
My constant, ever-encouraging friend


So often I space out and forget to write or call
And amazingly enough, she never acts bothered at all
She just leaves me a message saying, "Have a good day. I'm thinking about you."
She's always there to pick me up, brush me off, and help me get through
My constant, ever-encouraging friend.


Kristen, I just wanted to tell you how much your friendship means to me
Despite how self-absorbed, absent, and caught up in life I may often be
You're loyal. You're encouraging. You're eternally optimistic to the end.
You, dear buddy, are truly the definition of what it means to be a friend.

******

Big hugs to you and sweet Fia. I miss you guys oodles!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Thank you Kristy!!! Of course I got all misty reading your post today. You are a great friend too, don't you EVER forget that! You know I love you and Sophie and definintely understand the craziness. I am just proud to be part of your world.
Kristen

Kristy said...

Awww. SEE!

Thanks, buddy. =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails