Tuesday, July 17, 2007

You know, we're living in a society!


In the words of the great George Costanza: "You know, we're living in a society! We're supposed to act in a civilized way."

******

Well...

Apparently, Sophie did not get the memo.

This is how I found her when I went in to get her after her nap.

"Um. Sophie. Why are you naked?"

Casually, "Because it's nice."

She then proceeded to take her pull-ups off her arm and put them on her head.

"Look, Mama. A hat. Stretchy!"

******

I had just gotten the pictures downloaded from that "societal no-no", when I heard her giggling and rustling around in our bedroom.

I went in to investigate and found her elbow-deep in my underwear drawer.


"Sophie?!"

"Look, Mama. My bra and helmet."

(Her ensemble had shifted somewhat by the time I got back with the camera, so I helped her "tighten up" her look. Niiiiice, don't you think?)

******

P.S I hesitated to post the second set of shots, since it makes me look like I wear a size FFF bra. (...Which I don't!) But the pictures were just so stinking funny, I had to go ahead and put them out there for everybody to enjoy!

5 comments:

sarah p said...

it took me a minute to realize that her hat in the first picture was a pull-up. so cute!

the bra picture is the cutest! va-va-voom!

i see you got the picture thing worked out - nice job!

Anonymous said...

I can't stop laughing over the bra-hat! Pure Sophie! Actually, I think she might be on to a new fashion craze with the pullups-hat---it's very chic! Love, Mooms

Anonymous said...

yDad says that the bra picture makes her look like a fly! I knew she reminded me of something; I just couldn't pinpoint it. Mooms

Mom of 3 boys said...

I am so thrilled to find your blog. I am the mom of 3 boys...28 month old barfs to this day with severe reflux...has since birth -- through the nose and mouth. You are so right on...and I think only other reflux parents can understand what we go through on a daily basis! Your daughter is absolutely beautiful, and I'm sure you feel the same way -- that no matter how difficult is gets, you are grateful to God for bring them into your life. I would love to chat with you via email sometime -- do you have an email I can write to you at? It's tough to find friends who really "get it". Best-Haline

Kristy said...

Haline,

Yes, it's true, unless you've been through the reflux trenches on a daily basis, you just don't "get it". (I know I wouldn't if I didn't live it.)

Sadly, I understand EXACTLY what you're going through with your son, I really do.

I've figured out over the years the best way to handle it is to just take it day-by-day, never looking too far into the future for the "cure". (That's easier said than done, I know. There are MANY days when I feel like I need to be hauled off to the Looney Farm.) I just try to Rejoice in the mildly pukey days and hang on during the awful Day-Long Rocket Vomit ones. And I repeat this mantra to myself: "Tomorrow is another day, tomorrow is another day!"

Welcome to the blog. =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails